What’s the best way to shut up your so-called ‘haters’? By not listening to them and keep on doing your thing. Tyler Perry is letting his paychecks do the talking, as he brings yet another television show to the small screen. The Haves And The Have Nots is his latest creation on the OWN channel, thanks to friend Oprah Winfrey. The Wrap is reporting that the series debut show had 1.7 million viewers. The second part of the two hour series premiere brought in even more viewers, with 1.8 million viewers.
“The Have and the Have Nots” is a modern day upstairs-downstairs drama that takes place in Savannah, Ga. It stars John Schneider, Tika Sumpter, Aaron O’Connell and Angela Robinson, among others.
I know Tyler Perry gets a lot of backlash for his movies and shows but you got to admire a man who’s figured out his successful demographic and who’s working it. Tyler also has another show that will be premiering tonight on OWN; a comedy show called Love Thy Neighbor. Get that money, yo! Did YOU catch it? What did you think?Similar Posts:
- The Beautiful Tika Sumpter In NYC
- Tika Sumpter, Selita Ebanks, Angela Bassett Fashion Week NYC
- Tika Sumpter & More At Tyler Perry’s Madea’s Witness Protection
- Tyler Perry: Winner Of NAACP Chairman’s Award At 41st NAACP Image Awards
- SMH! Tyler Perry Can’t Be Faithful; Yet Writes Movies About Marriage