Who else is a self proclaimed bookworm for as long as you can remember? Well then this may appeal to you. Codeblack Films just announced via a press release that they’ve acquired the rights to a movie adaption of Omar Tyree‘s Flyy Girl trilogy.
This captivating trilogy is a coming of age story that explores the journey of a young woman motivated by the material life who plunges into a fast-paced world of gratuitous sex, violence and heartbreak in an attempt to find herself and to assess her goals in life during the modern Hip-Hop era. The second book in the series, “For the Love of Money” won an NAACP Image Award (2001, Outstanding Book, Fiction).Tyree’s books have been read by over 8 million people worldwide, and have grossed more than $30 million for publishing giant Simon & Schuster. His brand is one of the most talked about in the urban community, and his products can be found in 12 countries.
So who’s excited for this one? What actors would you like to see involved with the film?Similar Posts:
- Tyler Perry: Winner Of NAACP Chairman’s Award At 41st NAACP Image Awards
- Best Sellers: Read A Book & Step-Up Your Vocab
- Evelyn Lozada To Write Tell All Books About Basketball Wives
- Octavia Spencer Writing Books For Kids
- Tyler Perry’s ‘The Haves And Have Nots’ Is The Highest Rated Debut Series On OWN
The post Omar Tyree’s ‘Flyy Girl’ Gets The Green Light For A Movie Adaptation appeared first on MrsGrapevine.com.