one of the leading magazines for African American women and MSNBC have joined together for the unprecedented live coverage of the 2013 Essence Music Festival. The festival is from July 5 to July 7 and is held in iconic New Orleans. New Orleans is known for its contribution of jazz and rhythm and blues to musical history. Famous for it’s traditions here are some fantastic New Orleans cocktails, to get you right for the festival.
Creole Bloody Mary
- 4 ounces vodka
- 1-1/2 cups tomato juice (chilled)
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4-6 dashes Tabasco hot sauce
- Celery salt and black pepper
- For garnish: celery stalks and lime slices
In a shaker, shake all the ingredients, just until the mix is chilled. Add as much or as little hot sauce as you would prefer. Strain into glass. add the celery stalk as a garnish if you want.