Is there something in the air? Seems like everyone is itching to sue right now. And next up to bat is Will.I.Am versus Pharrell. According to Rolling Stone, Will is suing Pharrell over phrasing. Apparently Pharrell has a creative brand called ‘i am OTHER’. And Will thinks it’s too close to his own ‘I AM’ logo. Basically Will is claiming that it will be confusing for consumers of his products and will dilute the value of the ‘I AM’ brands. Pharrell, however, thinks that Will is trippin’.
“I am disappointed that Will, a fellow artist, would file a case against me,” Pharrell says in a statement to RS. “I am someone who likes to talk things out and, in fact, I attempted to do just that on many occasions. I am surprised in how this is being handled and I am confident that Will’s trademark claims will ultimately be found to be as meritless and ridiculous as I do.”
I personally think that people are much smarter than Will.I.Am is giving credit. And just looking at the two artists side by side, I’m pretty certain that any products they offer will be different in style, so there’s no need to worry about confusing people.Similar Posts:
- Stretchmarks: Are You Confident Enough With Your Stretchmarks To Show Them In Public?
- Rihanna Candid Interview With Glamour Magazine – Woman Of The Year – December Cover
- Chris Brown Finally Speaks Out, Chris Brown Says Sorry
- Tameka Foster Straight Tripping On Usher & Keri Hilson At Video Shoot For ‘Love In The Club’
- Mugshots: T.I. And Tameka ‘Tiny” Cottle; Faith Evans Charged With 2 Counts Of DUI
The post A Tale Of Two Producers: Will.I.Am Suing Pharrell Over Copyright Infringement appeared first on MrsGrapevine.com.